Monday, September 20, 2010

Simple Woman's daybook ~ September 20, 2010


FOR TODAY...  September 20, 2010

Outside my window... it is still smothering hot in our neck of the woods, sunny, but still in the 90's

I am thinking... 
I am so excited about Fall.  I put our Fall decor out Saturday. Come soon cooler weather!

I am thankful for... 
for our homeschool coop A true blessing for our family.  So many dedicated moms pulling together to educate their children at home.

From the learning rooms...
we are continuing memorizing the Ten Commandments, finishing up on studying Joseph, and working on our nature notebooks.  And of course covering all the basics.

From the kitchen...  Black beans and rice

I am wearing...
a denim skirt and a coral shirt

I am creating...
my fall afghan that I am crocheting

I am going...
to make 2 sets of Fall napkins this week, write my TOS review, and finish my afghan.

I am reading...
I decided to read and meditate on Romans 12:9-21  each morning this week and I am enjoying reading Pocketful of Pine Cones

I am praying...
that my AC in my suburban is easy and inexpensive to fix or the car fairy delivers my 12 passenger van.  lol

I am hearing...
my sweet princess making her fake coughing sound.  Drama Queen already

Around the house...
I am going to deep clean the kitchen and enjoy my children


One of my favorite things...
is to watch my 3 year old love on his baby sister.  So precious

A few plans for the rest of the week:
coop, book club, Vet Science Club, 4H officer meeting, Fellowship meal before service, Garden Club, Leadership Youth meeting, and possible catching a wink here and there.  NO, I don't have a life outside my children!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...



Check out his dirty face!  Wearing his snow hat that his big brother made him.  

To peek into more Simple Woman's Daybook click here.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love black beans and rice!

    That picture of your boy is priceless, dirty face or not!

    This is my first visit to your blog, but I'll be back. I have to read about you and those 5 farmer boys and the little princess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you have a wonderful family! I use to homeschool. I remember it well.

    I hope for you all good things, including AC in your car, cooler temps and a few naps this week!

    Have a great one!Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited you stopped by my blog because I can tell from your Daybook that I'm going to love reading yours!

    Oh, and you just might have inspired me. I've been waiting for the much-anticipated cooler weather before putting out my autumn decor and changing my blog, but I don't know how much more I can stand. I might just have to follow your lead! :-)

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, we have so much in common! I crochet, too. Have since I was about 8. Also, our van needs repair...ours is the manifold pipe...or something like that. And I love love love Pocketful of Pinecones. As a matter of fact the day I finished it I flipped right to the front and read it again! "Lessons from Blackberry Inn" is on my wants list.

    So fun to get to know you this way.
    Lori Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. We finally broke our 90's Sat. Thank God. Now it is cold out this Mon. morning. LOL.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

My prayer is that you have been blessed in some way by my words. Thanks for leaving me a comment!