Wednesday, June 30, 2010
WFMW ~ Freedom Cake
Ok ~ maybe it's not famous, but it is famous at my house. I have been making this for years. And actually I make it on Memorial Day, too.
Here it is..... The Famous Freedom Cake
You will need the following....
white box cake
red jello (any flavor as long as it is red)
red/blue sugar crystals (these 2 lil' suckers will last you a lifetime)
1. Bake cake as directed on the box
2. After taking out of oven, poke holes in the cake with an end of a wooden spoon
3. Prepare jello
4. Pour jello all over the cake
5. Refrigerate for a few hours or until the jello sets
6. Spread cool whip on cake, sprinkle with the red and blue sugar crystals
This cake must be refrigerated. Now you can be healthy and creative and put strawberries and blueberries and make a flag if you want. Feel FREE to decorate as you wish.
Have a fun and safe Independence day! For other WFMW visit here.