Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Tanglewoods' Secret

What an enjoyable little book that we finished today. I'm not sure who is sadder the boys or me. We can't wait to indulge in the next two of Patricia St. John's books. The boys were disappointed that there wasn't a sequel.

The Tanglewood's Secret is a about a little boy and girl who go and live with their Aunt while their parents are gone to do mission work. Little Ruth has a fiery temper and learns to overcome her selfish nature. The story contains beautiful and inspiring examples of what encounters when we let the Good Shepard into our hearts. Such a lovely story.

It's a book that I will always have on my bookshelf for all my little ones and future grandchildren. A great read a loud for all children who are about to or haven't made that decision yet to walk the line of faith. I can't say enough about this heartfelt classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My prayer is that you have been blessed in some way by my words. Thanks for leaving me a comment!