Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WFMW ~ chopped onion

I don't know about you, but I despise chopping onions. It entails two of my least favorite things to do...Crying and cleaning up messes. I detest it so much that I used to just sprinkle a bottle of minced onion when a recipe called for chopped onion. Now we all know nothing taste as good as a fresh chopped onion, especially when browning ground beef. So I now have an easy system.....

Every time I get out my food processor, I chop several onions and put them in a snack baggie measuring approximately 1/2 cup in each baggie. Then I freeze the finely chopped onions. This saves so much time and clean up. Just pop out a bag and let defrost or pop in microwave.


Works for me. See what works for others here.

 Do you have any kitchen tips that works for you? 

2 comments:

  1. i like it! however - I got (as a gift) one of the vidalia onion choppers - as seen on tv thingies and it works LIKE A CHARM!! cannot say enough great things about it - and the onions are perfectly diced!
    *Blessings*
    LIB
    http://bit.ly/cgFPZu

    ReplyDelete

My prayer is that you have been blessed in some way by my words. Thanks for leaving me a comment!