Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Just Walk....

I absolutely have no excuse to not walk these days.  I have the ideal scenario.  Despite the ice on the ground, I was able to get my intense 1 mile walk in by just popping in my dvd.  My dh works from home and is willing to man the chaos of the morning while I go in the bedroom and do my 'thing"

I will admit, I despise exercising, it's not fun for me, nor do I feel this gust of energy after wards.  Never have, probably never will.  However, I want to lose weight and be able to see my grandchildren someday.  I have set a very doable goal for myself.  For the month of January, my goal was to walk 1 mile 3 days per week.  I exceeded that goal, except I missed one day.  Oh well...try harder this current month.  Not going to throw in the ringer for missing one day.  Each month I succeed my goal, my reward will be a new video or some sort of work out attire.   Since I almost reached my goal, I got a new video.  This is a much more intense 1 mile workout than the 1 mile one I was currently doing here.  I enjoyed that dvd due to the weights that was included with the dvd.  However, I used my own personal music selection or talking audio during my walk.

I have lost about 5 lbs which isn't saying much since I have gained weight over the holidays.  But the key is....to move forward and focus on my goal.

Do you have any workout videos that you rely on?

2 comments:

  1. I love the Leslie Sansone videos. I have about six or so. I also use the original Biggest Loser DVD for strength training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one of those in the beginning of the year at Costco. Haven't tried it, yet!

    ReplyDelete

My prayer is that you have been blessed in some way by my words. Thanks for leaving me a comment!