Thursday, April 14, 2011

So clear....

Monday night my dh and I were at Walmart getting a few things for the new house.  The children were at home asleep.  As we were loading the truck, a young man, probably late teens approached us.  He introduced himself as a missionary from the Church of Jesus with Latter Day Saints somewhere in the name.  Immediately he ask us what religion preference we preferred.  I thought that was quite bold.  However, my dh firmly told him we were followers of Jesus Christ himself.  Then he asked us if he could share something with us.  My dh told him absolutely NOT in his nicey voice.  It truly sadden me that this young man was out by himself martyring for someone else beside Jesus Christ himself and yet he believes that works will earn him salvation.  Yet, on the other hand, I admired his willingness to serve his god. 

I read Romans 3 again this morning to confirm my true conviction in faith alone in Jesus Christ will inherit you eternal life with the Father.  We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God.  No works will earn you your ticket to heaven.  Thank you Lord Jesus for this free gift.  

It inspired me to read a commentary regarding Romans 3.  How enlightening to me. I am forever sinning and know I could never measure up to His righteousness.  I obey His law because He is my Lord and His inspired Word was meant to guide me and aid me in my walk with Him. 

It's so clear to me!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister!! Amen!! It is so clear. I'm praising and thanking the Lord right now that He has gifted me with friends who see it so clearly and speak it so boldly. May we never be ashamed or think it is about us or what we do.

    ReplyDelete

My prayer is that you have been blessed in some way by my words. Thanks for leaving me a comment!