Sunday, August 8, 2010

Book Review ~ Same Kind of Different as Me

What an emotional and inspirational read!  One moment I was laughing at the dry humor; next I was wiping my teary eyes.  A life changing book that made me reevaluate myself.  A true lesson on forgiveness, friendship, unconditional love and truly living your life for Him.  

Same Kind of Different as Me was written by the autobiographers, Ron Hall and Denver Moore.  The front cover reads...... A modern-day slave, and international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who bound them together.  The book takes place in the South.  I happen to live in Texas and was familiar with the settings, so it made it "real" to me.  Honestly, this is not a book that I would have chosen to read, but thrilled that I received the book to review.  I enjoyed every page.  I felt so connected with Ron and Denver that I was saddened to turn the last page.

Same Kind of Different As Me would make a wonderful family read a loud.  A wonderful message to share with all ages.  I loved the study guide at the end of the book for group or individual study.  The photos were a compliment to this lovely read, putting a face with a name just made it so much more real to me.  This book will touch your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My prayer is that you have been blessed in some way by my words. Thanks for leaving me a comment!